On April 4th and 5th (Friday 11am – 7pm & Saturday 9am – 7pm) at the Mesquite Convention Center, there will be a Self-Reliance Expo featuring products and services related to prepping. One of the corporate sponsors of Self Reliance Expo is Minute Man Rx, an Idaho-based manufacturer of Trauma and First Aid kits, along with a comprehensive line of state-of-the-art products for First Responders.
Minute Man Rx was founded and principled on the idea that all
American families should have access to the same life saving medical
products, emergency essentials, and skills currently being used in battlefield or first-responder situations.
Why should you attend Self Reliance Expo?
In a disaster situation, you are basically on your own. If you need medical help, it is unlikely that an overloaded emergency medical system will arrive in a timely manner — they might not even be able to receive your call. At the Self Reliance Expo, you will be able to access products and information that could be life-saving for you and your family.
There will be door prizes (like a $15,000 solar panel system from Air, Wind & Solar), and you don’t even have to be present to win. However, if you win, and you aren’t there when the prize is announced (or you don’t have a vehicle big enough!), you will need to pay shipping to get your prize.
Any specials for readers of DFW Preppers & Survivors?
I’m glad you asked!
- Greg Storrs, a principal at Minute Man Rx, sent me a coupon/flyer good for a 10% discount on all Minute Man Rx products shown at the Expo. To take advantage of that discount, right-click and select “save as” to download this flyer (2 pages) and take it with you to the Expo.
- From the show organizer: If you mention you heard about the show from DFWPreppers.com at the door, you can get the two-day admission for price of the one-day admission.
- This one from www.CampingYurts.com: Mention DFWPreppers.com at their booth at Expo and get a 10% discount on most items in the booth. Richard at Camping Yurts also wanted me to mention that they will be offering their 16ft yurt at a much lower price than normal (with setup by Cabela’s). Sorry, but the yurts are already discounted to the bone for the show, so the 10% does not apply to those.
- The folks at LPC Survival will give a 5% discount on their products (water purification systems and emergency store solutions) purchased at the Expo. Use the coupon code “SurvivalBlog” to get the discount.
- Numanna, an emergency food provider, is selling their Grab-n-Go 1 month pack (which is a great deal at the regular price) at a special Expo price. They will give you a free package of freeze-dried meat if you buy 2 buckets of Grab-n-Go at the Expo and tell them you heard about them from DFWPreppers.com.
- Harvest Right is offering a substantial discount at the Expo on their freeze-dryer with 100 mylar bars, 100 O2 absorbers, and a mylar bag sealer. They provided me with a brochure and a coupon for it. Note that you do *not* have to have the coupon at the Expo, but you can use the coupon up until the end of April if you miss the Expo, and still get the Expo price.
- Personal Readiness Education Programs (P.R.E.P) will offer a 15% discount on MAGS books or DVDs at the Expo for readers of DFWPreppers.com!
There’s one more special offer, but you will have to find a guy wearing a long-sleeve tee-shirt with the logo shown on the left, and tell him you are a DFWPrepper.com reader, in order to find out what it is.
Is there a charge to attend Self Reliance Expo?
Yes, the charge for a one-day admission is $10, and two-day admission is $15. But, as I mentioned above, tell the folks at the door that you heard about the EXPO here at DFWPreppers.com, and you can get the two-day pass for $10.
What else is going on for those two days beside a show of products?
In addition to several dozen exhibitors, there will be a broad range of presentations and classes on prepper-related subjects such as emergency preparedness, emergency food preparation without electricity, water filtration, etc. Click here for speaker details. Click here for class details.
© 2014, DFW Preppers and Survivors. All rights reserved.